Honeycrisp apples are my favorite, and Clarke’s Family Farm in Modena, NY has the best ones I’ve ever eaten. Juicy, delicious, and ripe this weekend, you’ll find Honeycrisp, Macintosh, Macoun, Early Fuji, Gala, and Snap Dragon, Honeycrisp’s crunchier cousin. As a mama of two littles, I appreciate that this 7th generation farm uses low spray and organic farming practices and offers its produce at an affordable price. We are so happy to have stumbled upon this hidden gem on its opening day last Saturday morning.
We were welcomed by the owners and made to feel right at home, enjoyed a private hayride through the grounds, picked perfectly ripe apples to our hearts content, enjoyed a family picnic and freshly baked apple cider donuts (YUM!), and played hide and seek inside the cutest little wooden playhouses.
If you’re looking for delicious apples and an off-the-beaten path experience, Clarke’s Family Farm is well worth the trek. Enjoy!
The Park Mama Tips:
- Open 10am-5pm weekends through October 18th
- Masks are required. No reservations or tickets needed.
- Low Spray:
- Half Bushel: $25
- Peck: $15
- Half Bushel: $40
- Peck: $25
- Low Spray:
- What’s Ripe for Picking This Weekend (9/19-9/20): Honeycrisp, Macintosh, Macoun, Early Fuji, Gala, and Snap Dragon, Honeycrisp’s crunchier cousin
- What’s Ripe for Picking in October: Empire, Fuji and Cameo (for those who like a little sweet) and Mutsu, Braeburn and Granny Smith (for those who like a tart apple)
- Porta potties are available.
- Picnic tables are being cleaned between guests.
- Cash and cards are accepted.
For more info:
One thought on “Clarke’s Family Farm: Modena, NY”
Definitely our new favorite apple orchard. variety was amazing + my favorite variety of honeycrisps were there! would surely be back next year.